Trump administration announced Spring 2019 Agenda
June 6, 2019
Trump administration announced Spring 2019 Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions.
On the list of this proposed agenda, several items may have a huge impact on the H-1B/H-4 visa holders and international students, including:
- Revise the definition of specialty occupation to increase focus on obtaining the best and the brightest foreign nationals via the H-1B program, and revise the definition of employment and employer-employee relationship to better protect U.S. workers and wages.
- DHS will propose additional requirements designed to ensure employers pay appropriate wages to H-1B visa holders.
- Removing H-4 Dependent Spouses from the Class of Aliens Eligible for Employment Authorization.
- Remove current regulation that USCIS must decide to grant or deny an asylum applicant’s application for employment authorization within 30 days.
- Raise fees for the Student and Exchange Visitor Program.